CoArts is our main college file server.
Please be aware of Proper Naming Practices when putting files on the servers.
Connecting to CoArts
- You must be on a college provided machine that is properly configured for PSU kerberos authentication. If AAIT provided your system this should be in place.
- You must be on a College of Arts and Architecture network, PSU wireless, or ISP to PSU VPN connection. This is for security reasons.
- If you connect to shares often, you can create a shortcut on your desktop for easy future access:
- Right click on your Desktop and choose New -> Shortcut
- For the location, type in \\caa-coarts.arts.psu.edu\Shares and click Next
- Name the shortcut anything you want, that is what will show on your Desktop. Click Finish
- When you double click the shortcut, you'll see all the folders you have access to on the server. You can open multiple at once as needed.
- You can also connect for single use as follows:
- Open a window and in the address bar at the top type in \\caa-coarts.arts.psu.edu\Shares
- You'll see all the folders you have access to on the server. You can open multiple at once as needed.
- You must be on a computer that is properly configured for PSU kerberos authentication. If AAIT provided your system this should be in place.
- You must be on a PSU network (including Wireless 2.0) or connected by VPN to PSU. This is for security reasons.
- In the Finder click on the Go menu item and choose Connect to Server
- For Server Address type in smb://caa-coarts.arts.psu.edu/Shares and click the + to add it to your favorites list, then click Connect
- When prompted for authentication, type in your Penn State userid and password.
- A Window will open that shows all shared folders you have access to.
- You can drag a folder while holding the Option and Command keys to create a shortcut on your desktop for faster access later.